FAMOUS GANESH TEMPLES IN MAHARASHTRA
1) Ganapatiphule : This is very famous awakened & swayambhu place near sea shore. It is said that Sage Parashuram had omen & he consecrated Ganesh idol on hill top. The hill is itself in Ganesh form. As such if you have to take holy rounds (pradakshina) of the temple, you have to go round the hill itself
2) Dashabhuja Laxmi Ganesh : Hedvi, Tal. Guhagar, Dist. Ratnagiri. It is near to Chiplun & Guhagar. Magh Ganesh Jayanti is celebrated on grand scale.
3)Shri Siddhivinayaka : Nandgaon Dist. Raigad, Mumbai - Murud & Murud - Nandgaon S. T. buses are available.
4) Shree Ganapati Devasthan - Sangli : Situated on banks of river Krishna. This is most awakened & beautiful temple in Sangli. It is a tutelar deity of Sangli. Thorle (elder) Chintamanrao Patwardhan consecrated the idol in 1843.
5) Digambar Siddhivinayak of Kadav : It is situated in Taluka Karjat of Raigad district. Sage Kanva consecrated this idol. Since the idol is without cloths it is call a Digamber Ganesh. It is at a distance of 9 kms. From Karjat.
6) Kasaba Ganapati - Pune : It is tutelar God of Pune. Rajmata Jijabai consecrated the idol. In weddings ceremony, first invitation is give to this Ganesh.
7) Mangalmurti Chinchwad - Dist. Pune : Great hermit Moraya Gosavi found Ganesh idol in Morgaon & consecrated the same at Chinchwad. The place is spiritually awakened. Regular P.M.T. buses are available from Pune.
8) Rajur Ganapati of Rajpur : After killing demon king Sindurasur, Vinayak told Ganesh Geeta to king Varenya at Rajpur. It is treated as one peetha out of three & half Ganesh Peethas. Regular state transport buses are available from Aurangabad. Idol is swayambhu.
9) Shree Modakeshwar - Nashik : Blasted by a curse of Lord Shiva, Kamdeva attained his previous form by worshipping Shree Ganesh. It is also popular by name Kamvarad Mohotkat. Idol is in the form of Modak. Moda means happiness, one who gives happiness is Modakeshwar.
10) Ekchakra Ganesh of Kelzar : Before killing demon Bakasur, Pandav prince Bhima had worehsipped Shri Ganesh in city Ekchakra. Ekchakra is presently called as Kelzar & it is at a distance of 24 kms. From Vardha.
11) Shree Vidnyan Ganesh Rakshas Bhuvan (Marathwada) : Situated on the banks of river Godavari, Rakshas Bhuvan is at a distance of 36 miles from Jalana. Shree Dattatreya propitated Vidnyan Ganesh & consecrated the idol.
12) Lake Ganapati - Pune : This temple is in the middle of lake situated in a garden Saras of Pune. Idol with trunk turned to its right was consecrated in 1774 by Shreemant Sawai Madhavrao Peshwe. Siddhivinayak fulfills the vows.
13) Shree Ganapati - Sitabardi (Nagpur) : Idol with trunk turned to its right is very very strict & spiritually awakened. It has been consecrated by Bhosale Sardar of Nagpur.
14) Verul (Ellora) Lakshvinayaka Kshetra : The ancient name of the place is Ellapur. Kumar Kartikeya consecrated Vinayaka here, before starting war with demon King Tarkasura.
15) Shri Vakratund - Aawas : It is at a distance of 12 kms. From Alibaug. King Abhijeet & his queen performed strong penance of Lord Kanakeshwar. They learnt Vakratund Mantra & on chanting the same for years they got a son. On their request Shree Ganesh had stayed there for ever. Mountain Kanakeshwar is at a distance of 5 kms. Toward east.
16) Shree Chintamani ( Kalamb Dist : Yavatmal) : It is one of the 21 famous Ganesh Kshetras. Spiritually awakened place.
17) Bhalchandra Ganesh Kshetra : 26 Miles away from Parbhani, there is a station called Sailu Nearly 15 miles away from Sailu, Bhalchandra Ganesh temple is in the midst of river Godavari.
18) Shree Siddhivinayaka : Anjarle, Tal. Dapoli, Dist. Ratnagiri : Temple is on Mountain.
19) Shri Ganapati : Balgir Maharajís math, Naded. It fulfills the vows.
Famous Ganesh Temples in Greater Mumbai.
20) Shri Siddhivinayak - Prabhadevi : Siddhivinayak fulfills the vows. As such devotees come in big numbers on every Tuesday & on Chaturthi. Original small temple is now renovated & you will see a big & beautiful temple with golden pinnacle. Shri Phadke
21) Ganapati - Goregaon : This temple has celebrated its centenary year in 1996.
22) Udyan Ganapati Shivaji Park, Dadar
23) Shri Ganapati - Vazira Naka, Borivli : Idol is inborn (swayambhu) spiritually awakened place. Devotes come in big numbers.
24) Shri Mahaganapati (Titwala) : By propitating Ganesh Idol, Consecrated by sage Kanva, Devi Shakuntala & king Dushyant came together after a long period of disagreement. Shakuntala & king Dushyant god married here only. Idol from Mahabharat period was vanished, while constructing lake peshwa saradar Ramchandra Mehendale got the present idol. The Madhavrao Peshwe consecrated this idol. If Mahaganapati is worshipped regularly marriages of desired people can be fixed easily. If Mahaganpati is propitlated properly, conflicts between husband & wife come to end. Those who desires to have son, will get son. In Mahaganpatiís temple, there is sanctum of Lord Shivshankar towards right. In the right hand corner of the sanctum, padukas of great Ganesh devotees late Shri Vengaonkar Joshi are consecrated. Devotes should take darshan of these padukas. Since Mahaganapatis idol was worshipped properly & scientifically by sages in ancient times, today also idol looks alive. Ther is a temple of Vithoba - Rukmini near Mahaganpatiís temple. One iron tube is sent out of sanctum of this temple. It is said that sound of Bhajans (holy songs in praise of God) going on in the temple of Pandharpur can be heard from this tube. You can also visit nearly places like satis memorial, jaypal maharajís Samadhi, shiv temple in vasundry village. Lodging & boarding arrangements are availabe with ancestral poojary Shri Govindrao Joshi. Private hotels & lodges are not available in Titwala. Titwala is a third railway station from Kalyan on Mumbai-Nashik railway line. Titwala, Asangaon, Kasara locals are available from Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus of Mumbai.
25) Shri Maha Ganapati Mandir (Dombivli) : The oldest temple in Dombivli, the people here are great believers in the Origin of this temple during the early 19th Century. The major event is Ganesh Chaturthi during the Ganesh Festival in September. Its very near to the Railway Station.
MAKE YOUR SEARCHES EASIER
Click Here THE BEST AND THE MOST FAMOUS TEMPLES IN INDIA
| Go Back | Return to Amol's HomePage |